Skanska Oy’s, its subsidiary companies’ and Skanska CDF Oy´s recruitment register
Skanska Oy, (”Skanska” or "we")
PL 114, 00101 HELSINKI
Nauvontie 18, 00280 HELSINKI
Contact person of the register
PL 114, 00101 HELSINKI
Nauvontie 18, 00280 HELSINKI
Description of the processing activities
It also describes your rights as a data subject. For more information on your rights and how you can exercise them, please refer to the section “Data subject rights”.
"Processing" means any activity or set of activities such as collection, storage, use, transfer, and erasure of personal data performed by Skanska or any of our contract partners.
Your personal data collected during the recruitment process will be used for the following purposes:
- To consider your application in respect to a role for which you have applied
- To consider your application in respect to other roles and contact you in case of an alternative career opportunities within Skanska
- To communicate with you in respect to the recruitment process
- When considering you for select positions, to compare it to the data in different registers in accordance with legislation and with explicit consent given by you. Examples of such include credit checks, criminal record excerpt and security clearance
- To improve our business, services, and recruitment process
- To be able to offer you jobs and career opportunities of your interest
opportunities and for job related marketing purposes.
Purpose and legal basis for the processing
Legal basis for the processing are:
- Legitimate interest
- In the event of a legal obligation, we reserve the right to process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on:
- Recruitment of staff for our business
- Considering applications in respect to positions at Skanska
- Analyzing applicant information and creating statistics and summaries where personal data has been anonymized and no single person may be recognized
- Collecting and processing feedback related to our recruitment process to improve it further
We rely on your consent as the legal basis on the following activities where we process your personal data:
You give us consent to process your personal data for recruitment purposes when you apply for an open position, submit an open application, or make changes to existing data.
In addition, you can freely:
- Give and withdraw your consent to us to use or not to use your personal data to consider your application in respect to other roles than the one(s) you have applied to
- Subscribe and un-subscribe for news and alerts related to open jobs and career opportunities within Skanska
- Give and withdraw your consent for us to collect or not to collect personal data from you for purposes of digital marketing and/or user feedback. Disclosing information for these purposes is not mandatory
- Give and withdraw your consent for us to track or not to track cookies when you browse and apply for open jobs on our website or recruitment service. This “profiling” is performed to improve your user experience on websites and to target you with open jobs and career opportunities that may be of interest to you
- In any situation demand us to the erase your personal data from the register or modify the data on an application. If there are no legal obligations or other similar basis to process the data any longer, Skanska will erase your data or in some cases anonymize it so that you may not be recognized any more
- All kinds of external register checks and requests are always conducted based on specific consent given by you (e.g. security clearance)
Sources of personal data
In most cases, we collect personal data directly from you using our recruitment service (Jobylon). In some cases, we may also obtain information from other sources that process, transfer, and disclose your personal data and have your consent to transfer or disclose the data to us. Additionally, we may obtain personal data from you over the phone, emails, and interviews.
Details of your visits and behavior on www.skanska.fi and Jobylon’s website / service is tracked (Cookies) and some of this information is considered as personal data.
More information of how we use this information can be found on https://www.skanska.fi/sivuston-kayttoehdot/ under the section “Cookies”.
More information of how Jobylon uses this information can we
found on https://www.jobylon.com/privacy-policy.
Groups of data subjects
- Active applicants (including the ones already working at Skanska) registered in our Recruitment Service Jobylon
- Non-active applicans (those who are not active in an active recruitment process at a given time) registered in our Recruitment Service Jobylon
- Visitors of www.skanska.fi and Jobylon’s service
Categories of personal data
Personal data is that which is directly or indirectly connected to a registered individual. It can be a name, a picture, contact information, a CV, data about work history, behavior online, an IP address, etc.
We collect and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- First and last names
- Contact information
- Qualifications, experience information relating to your employment history, language skills
- Other skills and experience
- Expectations and motivation for potential employment
- Information of other applications you have sent us during each application’s retention period
- Consents related to news, alerts, digital marketing etc.
- Details of your visits to Skanska website and Jobylon website / Recruitment Service, cookies and IP addresses
- Any other information you give us
- Assessments made by us and our partners regarding suitablity for given positions
Recipients or recipient groups of personal data
Transfers of data are subject to laws, regulations, and official instructions.
Please note! We use Jobylon as our Recruitment Online Service and therefore Jobylon to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Jobylon is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
The data is transferred to third parties and processed on our behalf in connection with our recruitment process (interviews, assessments, tests, feedback, improvement of the process).
Furthermore, is the personal data transferred to third parties to provide technical platforms, tools, and support to Skanska.
Transfers and processing are covered by appropriate contracts.
International transfers and disclosures of personal data
The personal data stored in the register is transferred and processed within EU and EEA in connection with our recruitment process (interviews, assessments, tests, feedback, improvement of the process) and managing our technical platforms, tools, and support.
Transfers and processing of data are subject to laws, regulations and official instructions and are covered by appropriate contracts. Transfers and processing are covered by appropriate contracts
Data subject rights
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller is responsible for processing data, answers data owners’ questions and helps with ensuring the rights of the data owner
You have the right to:
- Know that your data is collected and processed and the purposes of the processing
- Know what data has been collected about you and the period for which the data is stored
- Have possible inaccurate data corrected
- Have your data erased (the right to be forgotten) if there are no longer legal grounds for processing the personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes
- Object processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing or activities where Skanska relies on legitimate interest as the legal basis at any time
- Transmit the data from one register to another, where applicable
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
- Receive information about a personal data breach directed towards the controller, if this poses a high risk to your rights and freedoms
- Claim compensation for damages caused to you by the personal data breach
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data
The data subject may use any of these rights by contacting Skanska / the contact person of the Register mentioned in section “Contact person of the register”.
The Register is maintained in electronic form for the most part.
Physical documentation containing data is stored in a locked and access controlled place
The electronically stored data is protected by firewalls, usernames, passwords and other technical security measures.
The rights to access the data are predefined and limited. The destruction of data is executed appropriately and with due care.
Skanska retains Personal Data in accordance with the law
Data concerning applicants and applications in the recruitment service is erased after twenty-four (24) months after it has been activated, unless you take action to prevent deletion
As an applicant, you can erase your personal data from the register / service earlier than that or give us consent to store it longer.